The Council has indicated that the streetscape work will be completed this Spring in five phases, starting at Algernon Road, then progressing into Ladywell Road east by the railway bridge then working west towards the mini-roundabout at the junction of Adelaide Avenue. The provisional schedule (which has yet to be signed-off with the contactor, London Buses and various underground service providers) is as follows - but may change during the course of the works:
1. Works at the Algernon Road (eastern) end of the scheme will start within the next week or so, probably on 11 or 18 February, with drainage works incl. the moving of gullies to new kerb alignment positions.
2. Footpath and kerbing works in Algernon Road will commence from 26 February. All property owners at 251-259 Algernon Road (incl. the Post Office and Barbers) have given permission for their forecourts to be repaved so the whole of this pavement from kerb to buildings will be one neat stretch of paving rather than the current hotch-potch. This is splendid news and will look great when completed!
3. On 1 March there will be road closure on Algernon Road to enable sewer works, and drainage works will continue to 8 March.
4. 8-26 March - lowering of Algernon Road carriageway and construction of speed tables at Gillian Street, Mercy Terrace and Algernon Road
5. 18 March - work on Ladywell Road will commence, with two way lights for the most part, but complete closure for periods of time if necessary.
For a reminder about the project see the item on the Council website. Should you have any detailed questions/issues you can email email@example.com